Monday, February 12, 2007

A New Toy

I left the house Saturday morning before noon with my shopping list and coupons in one hand and my 40% Hobby Lobby and 40% and 50% JoAnn's coupons in the other. I didn't get home until 4:30! I went to Hobby Lobby first, didn't find a whole lot there so I used my coupon on a $20 card magazine. I did pick up a few small things that were on sale but nothing real outstanding. Then it was off to JoAnn's where I spent the most, got a pattern and some brads on sale. I used my 40% coupon on a Cuddlebug Embossing Folder (set of 4 B'day) and the 50% one on the item to the left. I've always wanted to try one of these so I splurged and bought one. It's a Fiskars Circle Border Punch. This one is called Antique Elegance. It border punches 4" and 6" circles. I got it home and had to try it out right away...........

This is the card I made using my new border punch. All supplies except the white paper are Stampin' Up!
The stamp sets are Bodacious Bouquet and Curvy Verses. Ink colors used were Rose Red , Always Artichoke and Barely Banana marker. Cardstock is Almost Amethyst. I stamped the leaves and then cut them out and adhered them to the card. I thought it looked like it needed something else so I added the button.
So, what do you think? Go ahead, boost my ego and leave a comment...
Happy Stamping, Rita

3 comments:

Allison said...

This looks very cute...I like what you did with your new toy!

Carol said...

Okay, as usual, you've outdone yourself!! Love the card.

AuntMary said...

wow,, haven't been in here for a while,, really ,,haven't been on the computer much lately,,, but i caught up tonight, looking and reading them all..and Carol is right,, you have out done ur self,, they are all just beautiful..love the new stamper too,,very pretty..