Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

Sorry I don't have anything to share with you today but I didn't want to stay away another day without posting something. Have you ever had one of those days when you did something totally stupid? Well that's what I did today. I put a baby gate up between the kitchen and hallway to keep the one year old out of trouble. Today I decided I could step across the gate to get to the other side instead of taking it down. Well, need I say more? You got it, I caught my foot on the gate and went head first to the other side landing full weight on my knees. My left one took the most weight and this is what it looked like when I was finally able to get up and take a picture. The swelling had started to go down by this time. I swear I've never seen anything like it. It looked like I had a tennis ball on top of my knee. Now I know why they call them hardwood floors. I'm starting to walk a little better now but I'll bet tomorrow will be another story. I'll try to make something to share with you. Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening.......Rita

1 comment:

Jan Scholl said...

you might want an xray. I fell over the broom several years ago and my knee has never been the same. sometimes I can wiggle the kneecap and since its the same one I have fallen on at least 4 other times, I will probable totally shatter it next time-and need a fake one-not good for a runner. be on the safe side and let someone take a picture and assure you its okay.