Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Help! I've lost my groove!

I had some time to stamp today so I went in and sat down and thought about what I was going to make. I needed a card for a friend's birthday and decided that was what I would do. So, I thought about it and realized I wasn't coming up with any really good ideas. I wanted to use my new embossing folder so I ran it through the Big Shot and embossed a piece of Basic Black cardstock. My friend is younger than me but only by 5 years so I thought black was appropriate. Now, what to do with that, hmmm, ok black goes with red so I pulled out a sheet of Real Red cardstock and my TAC ladybug set. Well, I'm not totally satisfied with the outcome but this is what I ended up with. I used my Giga Scallop Punch for the main image and attached a pop dot under the flower. The oval bookplate was cut with a Sizzix die and attached with red eyelets. Yeah, I got to use my Cropadile!
All cardstock is from Stampin' Up! All stamps are from The Angel Company (TAC).
Now I'm off to find some inspiration. Thanks for stopping by.............

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

what a cute idea!!!

Laura said...

I love the way this card turned out Rita and I think your friend is going to love it.

Head on over to my blog, if you get a chance. YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!

Vicki Hook said...

I love your red, black, and white card! Gotta love those Cuttlebug embossing folders and the Cropadile!!!