Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blintz Base

They have this challenge every week at Splitcoast Stampers called Try a New Technique. Today I was browsing and came across this interesting technique called Blintz Base. It's a form of Origami and it looks best when done with double sided designer paper. Anyway, I decided to give it a try. I didn't notice until I uploaded the photo that the upper right corner isn't folded right, but I won't tell you because you probably didn't notice......Card Stock-Taken with Teal and So Saffron. Designer Paper-Petals and Paisleys. Stamp set used-Polka Dots and Petals.....I used a Taken with Teal marker to color the edges of the white Grosgrain Ribbon. The So Saffron CS was embossed using the Cuttlebug Paisley embossing folder and I added dimensionals to the center image.....Thanks for looking..Have a Blessed evening..Rita

1 comment:

Chris said...

Look like it worked out great! I think that's a great idea to try a new technique every week. Keep up the good work. I definitely couldn't pull this off.