Friday, August 29, 2008

Bodies

Good evening stampers and friends. I didn't get any stamping done today so I thought I would tell you about what I did yesterday. I belong to this Senior Citizens group through my bank and we take occasional day trips. When I first saw this particular trip I knew I had to go. This exhibit is going on now at the Cincinnati Museum and it was announced yesterday that they will be extending it one more week. Before we walked through the exhibit we got to got to see the OMNIMAX film, The Human Body. This incorporates groundbreaking computer graphics with stunning real-life images to tell the story of a day in the life of the human body. After an hour lunch break we then entered the exhibit and came face-to-face with full human bodies and partial body specimens. These meticulously dissected bodies are preserved through an innovative process and respectfully presented, giving visitors the opportunity to view the beauty and complexity of their own organs and systems. In addition to providing an up-close look inside our skeletal, muscular, respiratory and circulatory systems, the exhibition encourages healthy lifestyle choices. I took a friend with me and we had an awesome time. If this exhibit comes to a city near you, go, you won't regret it.
Well, this is a holiday weekend so enjoy it and take care. Thanks for stopping by............Rita

No comments: